The Application Process
This apprenticeship accepts applications throughout the year.
- Prospective apprentices provide a complete application (see below) and submit it to Mr. Wentz who reviews it for accuracy and completeness.
- Contact information/registration for “work-keys” testing sent upon receipt
- Each complete application is sent to all of the employers in the consortium for consideration.
- Within two weeks, the employers reach out to the candidate for what amounts to a job interview and an interview for the apprenticeship. More than one employer may reach out to a single candidate.
- Employers make the apprenticeship offer and facilitate the hiring process for their company.
- Candidates must advise the employer making the offer of their interest within 24 hours.
- At the point of hire, the newly-hired candidate also becomes an apprentice and is enrolled for the purpose of record-keeping. A mentor is assigned on-site with the employer to be the point of contact for connecting the apprentices to related training, for supervising on-the-job training, for arranging evaluation processes, and for completing apprenticeship-related paperwork.
- There is no guarantee of employment or acceptance into the apprenticeship when one enters the pool of candidates but a candidate can remain in the pool until they are chosen or they choose to withdraw.
Agricultural Technician Apprenticeship Questionnaire
Journeyperson Wage Verification