The Application Process
This apprenticeship accepts applications throughout the year.
- Prospective apprentices and pre-apprentices must provide a complete Agricultural Technician Apprenticeship Questionnaire and submit it to Tim Wentz of the Northeast Equipment Dealers Association who reviews it for accuracy and completeness. Download the PDF, print and fill it out, and either 1) scan and email or 2) mail via regular mail to Mr. Wentz at 91 Spur Road, Carlisle, PA 17013.
- In order for an applicant to be eligible for a full apprenticeship the candidate must also complete WorkKeys® skills verification test and obtain a minimum score of 3. Contact information/registration for “work-keys” testing can be found @ http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/workkeys-for-employers/shared/test-site-locator-form.html
- Each complete application and WorkKeys® result (required for acceptance as a full apprenticeship) is sent to all of the employers in the consortium for consideration.
- Within two weeks of receiving , participating dealers will reach out to the candidate and arrange/conduct what amounts to an informal interview which would then be followed by a formal interview. More than one employer may reach out to a single candidate.
- Employers make the apprenticeship/pre-apprenticeship offer and facilitate the hiring process for their company.
- Candidates must advise the employer making the offer of their interest within 24 hours.
- At the point of hire by a dealer, the newly-hired candidate also becomes an apprentice or pre-apprentice and will be formally enrolled in either program. For the purpose of record-keeping an account, login, individual task grid will be generated. The apprentice/pre-apprentice has primary responsibility for ensuring the task grid is kept current. At that same time the dealer will assign a mentor who will be the apprentice’s primary “on-site” point of contact for connecting the apprentices to related training, for supervising on-the-job training, for arranging evaluation processes, and for completing apprenticeship-related paperwork.
- There is no guarantee of employment or acceptance into the apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship programs when one enters the pool of candidates but a candidate can remain in the pool until they are chosen or they choose to withdraw.